If you are new to saltwater fishing here are some beginner tackle tips that will help you catch more fish and save more money. One of the most important things about fishing is presenting live bait and lures in natural ways.
Buying pre-made fishing tackle almost always cost more money than when you make your own. Those cabled leaders that are assembled with bright colored beads, crimps, swivels and snaps are loaded with way too many things that don’t look natural. Also, the snaps that are used for attaching the hooks to the leader are destined to fail if you hook into a really big fish. You will almost always be able to make a better leader with your own materials.
These fishing tips for beginners include:
1. Considering what type of bobber to use, weighted or not
2. Saving money through making your own leaders. Hooks, swivels, weights and heavy monofilament or fluorocarbon leader can be purchased separately and assembled for significant savings
3. Live bait is always better than the dead stuff, especially those dried out minnows and shrimp in the sporting goods departments
4. Hunt around a department store for better prices on needle nose pliers. You will almost always find a much better price on them in a different area than the sporting goods department
5. Snap swivels are not a good choice. If you need to attach a swivel to a lure use a snap ring
Did you see that too, I spelled swivel wrong, oops. Oh well, the video was uploaded and published when I noticed it.