Live Review Sonar Sensor Fish Finder Depth Finder Ice Fishing
First time using this unit in action. It was very windy and about +5 celsius. The device really did it´s job very good and it sure got me chasing around the lake for several hours drilling god knows how many holes in the ice!
I tried my usual hotspots but they did not show any fish at all (around 12-14meters depth).
So i decided to go closer to the shore to see what was happening in shallow water, and sure enough, there they where! Well atleast the small ones… But i was happy to finally find some fish on the screen and also managed to get a few to take my bait, the Rapala self glowing jigging lure that i found for a very good price in “pioneerproducts2011” ebay store. Main fish target for the day was actually Zander or if they are called “Jack”? but they are rather hard to find and get to take bait -atleast for me… Instead i got several perch (i said bass which is incorrect since i was fishing in a lake, not in the ocean!)
So the fish finder. My thoughts so far. Very easy to use, small, light weight and handy. Comes with very long cord, several meters that could be good for summer and boat usage. As for now during winter i winded the cord up and put overflow into legpocket which was ok.
Positive things Lucky Sonar Sensor Fish Finder Depth Finder:
+ You can see if there are any fishes where your lure is and also exactly what depth they are.
+ Very easy to use
+ Comes with a handy neck strap so it can hang around your neck
+ Sonar strenght adjustable in 5 increments for very deep or muddy waters
+ Possible to have backlight in screen during night fishing
+ Battery save mode available
+ Fish and undergrowth indication aswell as rocks
+ Effective search and chase fishing
+ Audible fish indication is possible
+ Very long signal cord for those who want to use this fish finder with a boat during summer
Less optimal things with Lucky Sonar Sensor Fish Finder Depth Finder:
– Unable to save desirable options like sonar strenght, backlight, battery mode, audio ON or OFF. Unit powers off and goes back to default values (which are ok for most of the time)
– Very much drilling and less fishing, ie less time with lure in the water because you see an empty “hole” in the screen i instantly gave up and drilled a new whole somewhere else which means you risk missing out on the the occasional wandering fish that might come swiming by your hole.
– Too long signal cord for ice fishing. The very long cord gets a bit cumbersome since you really dont need that much cord when ice fishing. 2-3 meters would be more than enough.
– Not possible to use through the ice, atleast not in my case when ice thickness was around 20-25cm, Signal could not penetrate the ice. (Yes i has water around the sensor as per instructions from the manual)
– No warranty! Only 14 days return policy if defective
– High battery usage when used in low temperature
Feel free to post comments and questions and i´ll try to answer them for you.
Found and bought this on ebay for 45USD shipping included from Hong Kong to Sweden. Delivery around 10-14 days